Glamping at it’s best! Click here for all the details.
Did you know that everyone who purchases an RV from us this year gets invited to a special campout this summer? Here’s a video from the first campout a few years ago.
Recently Tacoma RV donated a portion of February sales to the American Heart Association. We loving giving back to our community. Thanks to all who purchased an RV from us in February. You are helping us make a difference.
Need a great brunch recipe for your cast iron skillet? Here it is!
Orange Spiced Skillet Rolls with Cream Cheese Glaze
Makes one 10-inch, one 8-inch and one 6-inch roll (these are the sizes of cast iron skillets that I own). You could also use a couple 9-inch cake pans. The dough may also be rolled and sliced like regular cinnamon rolls to make 2 or 3 dozen small rolls.
1 box carrot cake mix
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups lukewarm orange juice (warmed gently on the stove)
5 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
Zest of one orange
10 tablespoons butter, softened
5 ounces cream cheese
5 tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons milk
Zest of one orange
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Dissolve cake mix, salt, yeast and vanilla in warm orange juice in a very large bowl. Stir in flour one cup at a time. If needed, add more flour in 1/4 cup increments until the dough is pulling together around the spoon and not sagging wetly into the bowl. Cover and let rise for one hour. Punch down and rise on the counter until doubled or in the fridge overnight, covered in greased plastic wrap (it will rise very tall overnight). On a well-floured surface, knead the dough for a couple minutes, adding more flour as needed to create a dough that is smooth and a little stickier than bread dough.
Let the dough rest for a few minutes while you clean up the counter. For the filling, mix together cinnamon, white and brown sugar and orange zest in a bowl.
Divide the dough in half and roll each piece into a large rectangle on a well-floured surface (mine was about 16 by 12 inches and 1/3 of an inch thick). One half at a time, warm the softened butter in your hands and spread the butter over the dough using your fingers. Spread each rectangle of dough with half of the filling. Trim the edges neatly and slice the rectangle into even strips about 2 1/2 inches wide (I sliced mine the long way but it may have been easier to go the other way and have shorter strips).
Roll up the strips into a spiral, overlapping the ends barely when needing to start a new strip, until your roll is too big to manage without sagging and falling over. Place this roll in the center of your skillet. Carefully wrap additional strips around the center roll until your skillet is full (or close to it). I had almost exactly enough dough to fill a 10, 8 and 6 inch skillet. Let rise about an hour or until puffy but not quite doubled in size.
Preheat the oven to 400F. An 8-inch roll will bake about 25 minutes. Give or take 5 to 10 minutes for the smaller and bigger rolls. Bake until a skewer inserted in the center of the roll comes out clean. Cover the top with foil if it’s too dark before the center is baked.
For the glaze, melt cream cheese, butter, milk and orange zest together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until smooth (though there may be tiny lumps of cream cheese remaining). Add powdered sugar and whisk vigorously until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add a little milk to thin it out.
Glaze the rolls while they’re hot and serve the rolls sliced into wedges while still warm.
Did you know that we now have virtual reality walk-arounds on selected RVs? Here is a great example: Keystone RV’s Carbon 364 fifth wheel. Click here and then select the 360 Tour tab to take your virtual tour.
Check out this cool leveling system! It comes on our Outback travel trailers.
Here’s some cool camping gear you can get from our friends at Amazon.com
- NEVER FIND YOURSELF SHORT-HANDED: From your everyday life to traveling or outdoors for an adventure getaway, Heroclip offers a simple solution to hang anything, anywhere.
- CLIP HOOK SWIVEL: Stay busy with stuff that matters, and let Heroclip do the grunt work. A clip for all your gear. Stay together, Stay clean, Stay organized, Stay suspended. Heroclip is a collapsible S-shaped carabiner for all your gear needs. Its open hook features a rubber tip which allows Heroclip to grip on nearly any surface type. Heroclip is cut from HIGH QUALITY Aircraft Grade 7000 series Aluminium; our Dual Pivot and Swivel System is made of a Nylon Composite with metal reinforcements
- FEATURING – multi-function tool & Multiple tool-in-one integration design, durable and portable, convenient to use; comes with a nylon-canvas sheath for carrying or storage;wood inlay handle helps to reduce hand fatigue.
- FUNCTION – hatchet, handle lock, mini knife, cross screwdriver, fish fork, saw, cutting knife, allen key, opener bottle, flat screwdriver, file, scale scratched off knife, hammer, cutting tool, locking plier, flat nose plier, pliers, axe, big pliers, clamp handle, spear, saws, knife, allen wrench, scale knife, rasp, wire cutter, can opener and wrench.
- USE – camping, outdoor hiking&activities, exploring travel, chopping small branches, fixes kits, cut, pry, twist the screw, open fire hydrant, dissolution of the glass curtain wall, saw wood, handy from hammering the tent stakes to chopping, cut the rope curtain, in a dangerous escape etc.
- PRODUCT TECH SPECIFICATION – material: metal construction+wood inlay handle; size: 6.3 x 1.2 x 3.9 inches; weight: 14.1 ounces; color: brown.
- Lightweight, plastic light illuminates inside of an ice chest, cooler, tackle box, or toolbox; easy to install with included adhesive tape
- Light turns on when lid is raised open, turns off when lid is closed shut; auto shut-off after 20 seconds of continuous use
- Runs on three LR44 1.5 volt button cell batteries (included)
- Affordable, essential gear for camping, backpacking, backcountry treks, motor homes, cabins, and more
- Packaged in a unique, waterproof, resealable bag
- family game designed to be a take along for camp outings
- An offensive/Defensive board/card game
- Be the first player to start your campfire and toast three marshmallows
- Opponents can rain on your campfire, blow your fire out, or burn your marshmallow
- Packaged in a resealable “take-along” bag for fun on the go
Homar Set of 2 Silicone Heat Resistant BBQ Grill Gloves Oven Mitts & Pot Holder – Best in BBQ Accessories – Waterproof Max Heat Gloves Perfect for Cooking, Camping, Grilling, Smoking & Baking (Black)
- What will You Get – You will get 1 Pair of 425°F heat resistant bbq gloves, pure food grade silicone oven mitts with One Size Fits All.
- Made from 100% Food Grade Safe FDA Approved BPA Free Silicone – This BBQ grill gloves oven mitts are made of 100% food grade safe FDA approved BPA free silicone which heat resistant will up to 425 degrees.Absolutely an awesome solution to safer cooking baking and grilling!!
- No-slip and Comfortable Operation Design – Entire palm-side surface of the grill glove is covered in raised, no-slip nubs to help you maintain a confident grip.And the gloves with large interior size and soft material specially designed for comfortable operation will sure be your favourite gadget in your kitchen.
- MULTI-PURPOSE USAGE – The pair of gloves can be used in many circumstances ranging from BBQ preparation, smoker grill handling, kitchen hot potholder, meat tearing, house cleaning etc. You can even wear them for dish washing and freezer cleaning to protect your hands.
- Easy to Clean and Store – Waterproof & Dishwasher-safe – Has handy loop so you can hang them on a hook and use it next time!
- 2ND AIR CONDITIONER – 13.5 BTU LOW PROFILE
- 12 CUBIC FOOT SIDE BY SIDE REFRIGERATOR
- AUTOMATIC LEVELING SYSTEM
- FREE STANDING DINETTE AND CHAIRS
- HIGH COUNTRY FOUR SEASON LIVING PACKAGE
- HIGH COUNTRY RESIDENTIAL LIVING PACKAGE
- RVIA SEAL – GO CAMPING
- STATE SEAL – WA
- KING BED
- 2″ RECEIVER HITCH
Have you been missing the taste of campfire food? Here’s a great recipe for a warm soup on a cold day you can make at home using your dutch oven.
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
ROASTED TOMATO BACON SOUP
Roasted tomato soup meets…BACON!
- 2 lbs. roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1-2 Tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 6 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 small white onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
Meanwhile, heat your dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy (about 8-10 minutes). Remove the bacon and all but about 2 tablespoons of the fat in the stockpot.
Add onion and saute for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Then add the chicken or vegetable stock, bay leaf, smoked paprika, roasted tomatoes and cooked bacon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15-20 minutes to slightly reduce.
If desired, use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Or transfer the soup in small batches into a blender and puree until smooth. (Be very careful pureeing hot liquids!) Transfer the soup back to the stockpot and stir in the heavy cream. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.