Just in time for the Holidays, we found some cool high (and low) tech camping gadgets for you.
1. Rumpl. An all-purpose indoor/outdoor waterproof throw blanket, made from the same stuff as high spec outdoor gear (and Puff Daddy’s wardrobe). Comes with a compression sack for easy storage or taking with you on the go.
2. Helinox Table One. Made from ultralight materials and packing down to virtually nothing, the single shock corded pole structure and storage bag make this wilderness-loving table incredibly simple to set up and take down.
3. VSSL Flask Light. This is – as you might have guessed – a flashlight / 300ml drinks flask cut ‘n’ shut; it also contains two collapsible shot glasses and a bottle opener. Handy for that inevitable post-midnight visit to the ‘facilities’, when a stiff drink – in our experience – is essential.
4. Fugoo Speaker. Snow proof, sand proof, and waterproof to 3 feet for 30 minutes, the Bluetooth connected Fugoo has six drivers on four sides for a 360-degree sweet spot and incredible 95dB SPL-A volume. Did we also mention its battery lasts 40 hours? Yes. Yes we did.
5. Biolite Nanogrid. This clever 4-in-1 system can function as a lantern, a torch, a powerbank for your USB-charging gadgets, and a daisy-chain overhead lighting setup. Brilliant!
6. Cafflano Klassic is the world’s first all-in-one portable coffee maker. Perfect for life on the go; grind your own beans and drip-filter a deliciously hot cup of fresh Joe wherever you are.
7. Ice Mule Coolers. You’ll need to get hold of some ice (we put men on the moon, how tough can it be?) but once you have that on board, you can keep 12 cans of beer or 5 bottles of wine cold for up to 24 hours in these highly versatile, leak-proof soft coolers.
8. GoBQ Grill. Lightweight, extremely compact, and unbelievably easy to set up, the GoBQ Grill is the world’s first and only ultra-portable packable BBQ. Made from high-tech heat and flame resistant fabric, the GoBQ is lightweight, quick to put up (20 secs) and quick to cool down.
9. Pico Bottle Opener. Cut from .100″ Titanium, this miniature marvel comes attached to a split-ring to give you the leverage you need to pop the top on your favorite craft beer.
10. Mixbin Instant Power Charger. The St. Bernard of phone chargers, the disposable, recyclable Mixbin is a single-use, universal emergency phone charger for getting you out of trouble fast and holds 100% of its power for an astonishing five years.
11. Biolite Kettlecharge. Charge your phone or tablet while you boil the kettle; the BioLite KettleCharge is a compact, multifunctional outdoor thermoelectric generator supplying back-up power literally anywhere. Simply fill it with water (it has a 750ml capacity) and heat on a stove to get boiling water and ten watts of USB power at the same time!
12. goTenna. No service? No problem. This device is a battery-operated 2-watt radio and antenna that connects to Android or iOS devices via Bluetooth LE. When activated by extending the device’s antenna, the goTenna establishes a radio connection with any other goTenna devices within broadcast distance (up to 6 miles) enabling the user to text up to 160 characters.
13. Vinnebago Vacuum Flask. Fine wine and fine design go hand in hand with the Vinnebago, a go anywhere, triple-insulated 21st century vacuum sealed flask, that will keep your drinks cold for 25 hours or hot for 12.
14. Treo Camping Chair. Big chair comfort in an exceptionally small package, the Treo packs entirely into its own tripod base and can support up to 250 lbs.
15. Kisha. Rain is the ‘Dutch Oven’ of any camping / festival trip, so you might want to consider taking along this smart umbrella (the world’s first), which connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth. The app will give you a weather forecast so you can decide whether to take Kisha with you and being location sensitive, will alert you if you leave the brolly behind. It’s also 100% windproof and corrosion-proof.