This is a great cooler by Avalanche, now available in our Parts Department
Just in time for the Holidays, we found some cool high (and low) tech camping gadgets for you.
1. Rumpl. An all-purpose indoor/outdoor waterproof throw blanket, made from the same stuff as high spec outdoor gear (and Puff Daddy’s wardrobe). Comes with a compression sack for easy storage or taking with you on the go.
2. Helinox Table One. Made from ultralight materials and packing down to virtually nothing, the single shock corded pole structure and storage bag make this wilderness-loving table incredibly simple to set up and take down.
3. VSSL Flask Light. This is – as you might have guessed – a flashlight / 300ml drinks flask cut ‘n’ shut; it also contains two collapsible shot glasses and a bottle opener. Handy for that inevitable post-midnight visit to the ‘facilities’, when a stiff drink – in our experience – is essential.
4. Fugoo Speaker. Snow proof, sand proof, and waterproof to 3 feet for 30 minutes, the Bluetooth connected Fugoo has six drivers on four sides for a 360-degree sweet spot and incredible 95dB SPL-A volume. Did we also mention its battery lasts 40 hours? Yes. Yes we did.
5. Biolite Nanogrid. This clever 4-in-1 system can function as a lantern, a torch, a powerbank for your USB-charging gadgets, and a daisy-chain overhead lighting setup. Brilliant!
6. Cafflano Klassic is the world’s first all-in-one portable coffee maker. Perfect for life on the go; grind your own beans and drip-filter a deliciously hot cup of fresh Joe wherever you are.
7. Ice Mule Coolers. You’ll need to get hold of some ice (we put men on the moon, how tough can it be?) but once you have that on board, you can keep 12 cans of beer or 5 bottles of wine cold for up to 24 hours in these highly versatile, leak-proof soft coolers.
8. GoBQ Grill. Lightweight, extremely compact, and unbelievably easy to set up, the GoBQ Grill is the world’s first and only ultra-portable packable BBQ. Made from high-tech heat and flame resistant fabric, the GoBQ is lightweight, quick to put up (20 secs) and quick to cool down.
9. Pico Bottle Opener. Cut from .100″ Titanium, this miniature marvel comes attached to a split-ring to give you the leverage you need to pop the top on your favorite craft beer.
10. Mixbin Instant Power Charger. The St. Bernard of phone chargers, the disposable, recyclable Mixbin is a single-use, universal emergency phone charger for getting you out of trouble fast and holds 100% of its power for an astonishing five years.
11. Biolite Kettlecharge. Charge your phone or tablet while you boil the kettle; the BioLite KettleCharge is a compact, multifunctional outdoor thermoelectric generator supplying back-up power literally anywhere. Simply fill it with water (it has a 750ml capacity) and heat on a stove to get boiling water and ten watts of USB power at the same time!
12. goTenna. No service? No problem. This device is a battery-operated 2-watt radio and antenna that connects to Android or iOS devices via Bluetooth LE. When activated by extending the device’s antenna, the goTenna establishes a radio connection with any other goTenna devices within broadcast distance (up to 6 miles) enabling the user to text up to 160 characters.
13. Vinnebago Vacuum Flask. Fine wine and fine design go hand in hand with the Vinnebago, a go anywhere, triple-insulated 21st century vacuum sealed flask, that will keep your drinks cold for 25 hours or hot for 12.
14. Treo Camping Chair. Big chair comfort in an exceptionally small package, the Treo packs entirely into its own tripod base and can support up to 250 lbs.
15. Kisha. Rain is the ‘Dutch Oven’ of any camping / festival trip, so you might want to consider taking along this smart umbrella (the world’s first), which connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth. The app will give you a weather forecast so you can decide whether to take Kisha with you and being location sensitive, will alert you if you leave the brolly behind. It’s also 100% windproof and corrosion-proof.
BIOLITE CAMPSTOVE USB CHARGER
This is easily the most praised outdoor gadget on the market today allowing you the ability to not only cook dinner, but also charge electronics anywhere. The stove operates completely off the grid, producing heat with a combustion chamber and insulated chimney method, all off the power of sticks gathered from the floor.
SOL ORIGIN: THE ULTIMATE SURVIVAL TOOL KIT
We’ve sifted through the web in search of the best survival tool kits (an essential to any outdoor adventure) and the Sol Origin is among the top dogs. The tool comes with a handful of features from a one hand operable waterproof Fire Lite firestarter to a 100dB whistle that can be heard up to a mile away. It also comes with 60 survival techniques, just in case.
NITECORE TINY MONSTER 3500 LUMEN LED FLASHLIGHT
The name says it all for this little gadget. Flashlights are a must, and seeing that this thing boasts the title of the smallest 3500 lumen LED flashlight in the world, you can rest assured that no one does it better. The aircraft aluminum alloy construction can take a beating, and it’s also waterproof.
COLEMAN PORTABLE PROPANE COFFEEMAKER
Although many of us hate to admit it, not having our morning cup of coffee can really throw the day off. This drip coffeemaker can make up to 10 cups in 20 minutes powered by nothing more than a 16.4 ounce propane cylinder.
SOLARMONKEY ADVENTURER SOLAR CHARGER
Strap this bad boy on your backpack, let it soak up the rays, and within 12 hours the two solar panels will have enough juice to power up any of your mobile devices.
CAMP CHEF OUTDOOR CAMP OVEN STOVE
You gotta eat right? Forget the junk food, let’s cook up a nice hearty breakfast while enjoying the great outdoors with this portable oven stove combination. With just a single propane can you can cook for up to 5 hours.
TIMBERLAND RADLER TRAIL CAMPER FLAT
Saving space is the name of the game when you are preparing for your camping trip, and these Timberland shoes fit the bill perfectly. Outfitted with a 42 percent recycled rubber sole and lightweight yet durable construction, these completely fold-able flats are perfect for hiking.
We absolutely love solar power, and in a perfect world it would always be sunny during our camping trips. Problem is we don’t live in a perfect world, and this thermoelectric generator is perfect for those situations. The PowerPot converts heat generated from boiling water into power to charge your USB devices.
SEA TO SUMMIT KITCHEN SINK
Pots can be a pain due to the fact that they are extremely bulky, but Sea to Summit has solved that problem once and for all. Equipped with a stainless steel stiffening ring and a broad base, this thing won’t collapse or tip over under use. The waterproof container can hold anywhere from 5 to 20 liters of hot, soapy water. When you’re done using the portable sink, just fold it right back up to its pouch form.
Here are more cool items to enhance your camping trip. Click here for more information on any of the products.